We’ve been covering stores and restaurants that offer complete pre-cooked Thanksgiving dinners. Aldi does not offer that, but given Aldi’s low prices, we were curious how much a pulled-together Thanksgiving dinner from Aldi might cost in 2011.
Here’s what an example Thanksgiving dinner for 4-6 from Aldi might look like (prices from local ad, may vary regionally):
- $7.99 Kirkwood Boneless Turkey Breast Roast, 3 lb, or $10.90 for whole Butterball turkey, 10 lb [note: turkey is *not* pre-cooked]
- $0.89 Chef’s Cupboard Stuffing Mix
- $0.99 Valley View Instant Mashed Potatoes
- $1.49 Season’s Choice Green Beans, 16 oz
- $3.23 Season’s Choice Sweet Potato Patties, 32 oz
- $1.19 Chef’s Cupboard Turkey Gravy, 12 oz
- $0.89 Sweet Harvest Cranberry Sauce, 14 oz
- $1.69 L’oven Dinner Rolls, 12
- $4.49 Belmont Apple Pie, 42 oz
That totals $22.85 for an Aldi Thanksgiving dinner with turkey breast or $25.76 with the Aldi Thanksgiving dinner with the whole turkey.
However, if you don’t want to deal with cooking a turkey, other stores offer complete Thanksgiving dinners with everything pre-cooked. Those dinners cost more, but are less work - you just have to heat and serve.
Happy Thanksgiving! (Thanks to Aldi for keeping the prices low.)