Since Aldi typically has low grocery prices, we were curious how much Thanksgiving items from Aldi would cost.
Here’s what an example Thanksgiving for 4-6 from Aldi might cost (prices from the holiday ad):
- $7.99 Kirkwood Boneless Turkey Breast Roast, 3 lb, or $11.90 for whole Butterball turkey, 10 lb [note: turkey is *not* pre-cooked]
- $0.69 Chef’s Cupboard Stuffing Mix (buy 2)
- $0.99 Chef’s Cupboard Instant Mashed Potatoes, 13 oz (buy 2)
- $0.49 Happy Harvest Canned Green Beans, 14.5 oz (buy 2)
- $0.99 Happy Harvest Candied Yams 16 oz (buy 2)
- $0.89 Chef’s Cupboard Turkey Gravy, 12 oz (buy 2)
- $0.89 Sweet Harvest Cranberry Sauce, 14 oz
- $0.99 L’oven Brown & Serve Rolls, 12 oz
- $4.29 L’oven Fresh Pecan Pie, 24 oz
That comes to $22.26 for an Aldi turkey breast Thanksgiving dinner or $26.17 for an Aldi whole turkey dinner. Obviously, adjust the list to fit your family’s taste and appetite.
Aldi won’t be open on Thanksgiving Day, so do your Aldi Thanksgiving shopping early.
If you don’t want to cook, other stores offer complete Thanksgiving dinners with everything pre-cooked. Those dinners are more expensive, but involve less work - just reheat and eat.
Happy holidays 2013! Thanks to Aldi for the low Thanksgiving prices.